← AETHERION
YOUR SPACE

My Reading

Everything you've chosen to keep, revisit, or finish later.

Pick up where you stopped.Continue reading
0 pieces
You haven't left a piece unfinished yet.
Keep something close.Saved for later
0 pieces
Nothing saved yet. Bookmark a piece while reading.
A record of your wandering.Recently read
0 pieces
Your reading history will appear here.
Featured writingsStories, essays and ideas from Aetherion.
Your space

Welcome back.

0 min spent wandering through Aetherion.

MY READINGOpen your reading space →
Saved for later
1Your visits
0Pieces explored
Your library

Continue reading

Pick up where you left off.
The journal

Latest writings

New stories, essays, fragments and ideas from Aetherion.
The journal is being prepared.
Don't know what to read?

Let chance decide.

A small piece chosen from the Aetherion archive.

Older thoughts

From the archive

Older pieces worth returning to.
0%
AETHERION
Aetherion: thoughts that are not ours but flow through us, like echoes from the unseen.
October 16, 2025

The contaminated heaven!


Bishwapratim Saikia


I think love smells of hospitals,
white, merciless
and the hands that touch it never come clean again.

I have been a womb for a ghost.
She tapped against my ribs,
asking to be named,
and I fool
open my veins like doors.

How sweet the feeling, like rain on a grave. 
But I didn't smelled the rot beneath it.

Even sunlight can wound, 
but some learn to bleed beautifully
their pain arranged like petals on the water.

And I,
I've tasted the divine, and it tasted ash 
I've kissed the world, turned to ink
I've worn the thunder like a crown
And it ate my sleep

And when the ghost leaves, 
It takes the mirror with it
All that left is smoke and faint outline of face
Continue wandering

More from Aetherion

More

Comments

Popular Posts